Monday, June 2, 2008

Mom for a Day

My sister and her husband are celebrating their s2nd anniversary today. But instead of choosing to celebrate with family and friends who love them, they chose time alone in orlando instead! Surpising I know. They also decided to leave their lil boo behind with us...They left yesterday leaving me with the first babysitting shift. I don't mind because my niece is adorable(I think) and also lots of fun...well as much fun as a one year old can be. We had some adventures let me tell you. The morning was spent out on a walk, well me walking, her strollering. And who knew that a stroller could be a sedative of sorts, for she fell fast asleep. She slept for 2 whole hours! When she woke up we went outside to play basketball. I'm sure her father will be so proud of the mad skills I taught her when he returns home. He's a big fan of the sport himself. We then watched so much Dora the Explorer, I now have the movie memorized. Denecia, my niece, is really only into the the quite repetitive, but highly upbeat songs that Dora composes on a whim. When I could take no more Dora, we headed to the playground, the ultimate child appeaser. We ran into some adorable children who seemed quite taken with her. They tried picking her up and taking her all around, but it made her a bit irritable, so we chose to watch...She did however have a certain affinity for the swings as well as the merry go round. The lil girls kept us quite entertained and showed us several "tricks"! Once we got home it was more Dora and chill time until Grammy took over watch. When I was finally relieved of my mothering duties, I gave a big sigh and relized that I was tired. Mothering isn't as easy as they make it look, even if all you do is walk in the park. Props and a newfound respect to all you mothers out there. Happy Be-lated Mother's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment