Thursday, June 5, 2008

Cake Obsession

My facebook status currently says that I am amazed by cake. For the last three days I cannot stop thinking about cake. I know it sounds so random, but there is a logic. I was looking through a wedding magazine, and then I got to the cake section. I was enamored with the design and the delicious looking cakes featured therein. I said to Audri "We should make cake!" And so we did. We made a struesel cake with a cinnamon glaze. It was good. I got rid of the crave but it did not suppress my amazement and transfixment with cake design. It's amazing what they can do with cake these days. Audri used to work in a cake shop and she was telling me some of the behind the scenes info. It was amazing. My absolute favorite are the fondant covered cakes. They look so smooth and almost surreal. Here are some of my favorites and just see if you become obsessed yourself.





















1 comment:

  1. pretty cool, eh?

    one of my favorite shows on
    food network is
    "Ace of Cakes"
    they make all kinds of different things
    (including the cake for the premier of
    the last Harry Potter movie, which was a model
    of hogwarts).

    its pretty amazing what you can do with fondant.

    FYI: eating fondant is not all that pleasant if you're hoping to bite into a delicious moist piece of cake.
    its kind of like chewing rubber sugar. [i worked in a bakery too.]

    ReplyDelete