Saturday, February 21, 2009

One Short Day

I like to scrapbook. Unfortunately I am so bad at keeping up with it. But I had this brilliant idea: if I blog about what I do each day then scrapbooking them later will be som much easier because I have already done the journaling with the corresponding pictures. And since there is no time like the present to start, I will do exactly that starting with today( which is not yet complete but I've managed to squeeze alot into one day).


My day started off with the unforgiving blare of my alarm clock circa 5:50 am. I have wanted to get up and see the sunrise for quite awhile now, so I finally set out to make it happen. I groggily slinked out of bed and got ready for my day packing everything I would need in a bag and headed off for my adventure in the good ole HS. My good friend Audri who is as dedicated to the sunrise cause as I joined me to watch a glorious sunrise unparalled by any I have seen lately...well that's probably because it's the only one I've seen lately but anyway... Here are some pictures from that experience:








After that the plan was to go fishing...but that got thwarted by a car wash we were conned into helping out with. The education dept. is taking a trip to Colorado and the wash was one of their fundraisers. Although I AM part of the dept. I am NOT going on the trip (sniff) but I helped out anyway...what are friends for eh?


After a grueling morning of car washing it was time for some serious nourishment! We headed to subway and grabbed our customized sandwhiches "to go". We then went to the aptly dubbed "makeout spot" to enjoy fun, food, and fellowship. My good friend Priscill kept us entertained by playing an odd form of baseball using a stick and a water bottle.












Finally our much delayed, yet well laid earlier plans of going fish began to unfold. We went down to our good friends' house(they live on the water), borrowed their poles, hooked our bait, and began the process of learning how to fish. We used some juicy night crawlers, which in hindsight probably was not out wisest choice. We then got our first lesson in casting off. Our friend made it look so easy. Needless to say many a cast ended up in the bushes or the rocks. By the time we got the whole casting thing down pat it was time to go. I suspect next time we will catch out the wazoo...until then....



So I'm not sure how long I will keep this whole blogging gig up, but I'm gonna make an effort. Peace all you bloggees. Oh and by the way, the title of this blog is a nod to one of my favorite musicals: Wicked. At least I think it's my favorite. I've never seen it, I just know all the music and the storyline in great detail.....someday....

3 comments:

  1. I love your sunrise pictures! Gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! We should go sometime...it's worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So thanks for the invite, erica!!! I have wanted to fish for awhile now but no, I could not grab my ol' fishin rod because someone could not pick up the cellular device and text or call me, thank you so much sir.


    If i was seemingly bitter in the last comment it is not true.

    ReplyDelete