Thursday, July 31, 2008
Being the Queen of Clean
In my 20 some years of living, I have done my share of house cleaning. I've had the persnickety old ladies who still want you to clean the way they did back in the 40's. There's the young mother's who are so busy rushing their children off to soccer or any other number of extracurricular activities that they don't have they time and/or energy to clean up after themselves and their time consuming brood. I've even had the ladies who are just too rich to actually clean themselves especially when the house can be sparkling clean with the whisk of ink upon a check. But my latest cleaning experience was more interesting than most. I was asked to do some household projects for an older lady. I arrived and was assigned to the first project: she wanted me to clean out her lower cupboards for her. Not hard at all. But as I began to clean them out I noticed the rather unique quality of the things her cupboards held. The lady had anything and everything. It seemed as if she bought everything in bulk so that she could survive without a trip to Wal-mart for at least a year. She also had very specific cleaning supplies. There were no bottles of "works on most surfaces" cleaners. Instead in their place I found such things as I Coffee Maker Pot Cleaner. Do you need soemthing to clean your steel Egyptian hummus steamer? She had it.(ok I'm not sure if she did, but her cleaners were that randomly specific). Her cupboards were so mysterious. I found myself wondering what was in the next one as I was cleaning the current one. She even had a cupboard that she refered to as Flibbert's Closet(or something like that). She said it was from a comedian who everytime he opened his closet stuff came tumbling out. And the same was very true of the cupboard that had undertaken the name. All in all is was a very interesting day. And the lady herself was very interesting. She is one old person that I could spend a day with and not be bored out of my mind!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
sounds cool. . . maybe you could take mental notes and write something on the experience some day. :D
ReplyDelete