Don't get me wrong. I'm not sensitive about being short, in fact most days I forget that I am. I just hate when people think they've made a discovery comparable to that of Columbus, when they declare to me that I have not reached a level of vertical achievement common to most. Here's the truth about short people:
being short..
*doesn't mean my life is extremely inconvenienced...news flash you don't miss what ya never had like oh let's say height, for instance
*doesn't mean I am a child
*doesn't mean I need to get with every under average height male you happen to be acquainted with
* doesn't mean I am tiny...short yes, tiny no
*doesn't mean I can't do certain things...where there's a will there's a way
...and the list goes on
So anyway next time you see me or any other, "vertically challenged" individual, just check yourself before you begin the "small talk". Because while I love a good ORIGINAL short joke (so none of this "how's the weather down there?" or "mini me" or "where'd erica go?(looks down) oh there she is" or "stand up, oh wait you are" business) I just get really tired having to be careful to say "when I was younger" rather than "when I was small" when telling childhood stories. And hey it IS a small world afterall.
PEACE LOVE, and MIDGETS!
{xoxo},
ericaJ
This is me my freshman year of college. These people were all on the unusually tall side so I'm not THAT short. But the real truther in this picture is the freshman 15 all settled about my middle there. I was trying to see if I could be wider than I was tall. (apparently it's possible....anyway later 'tators!
Cute pic...and I'm sure the corny short jokes are as bad or worse than the corny "bar" jokes, so you have my sympathy!
ReplyDelete-One of those Barr girls ;-D
This made me smile. :) thanks.
ReplyDeleteP.S. This is Herron worthy.
Haha. Must a laugh always emanate from my mouth for every blog of yours that I read? Keep up the humor. :)
ReplyDeleteRed is my signature color :-)
ReplyDeletecute post...and thanks for stopping by my blog!